Our offshore client was interested in acquiring a company with a mobile telephony license. We protected their interests by
• Conducting thorough due diligence on the potential acquisition;
• Examining records at the local registries in Bangui, the Republic’s capital;
• Informing the client about the financial consequences, using our local law expertise;
• Crafting the appropriate documents and disclosure requests;
• Protecting the client’s finances by advising on the taxation implications of the transaction; and
• Assisting in structuring the deal to integrate its offshore nature.